Saturday, May 24, 2014

Airport Blues

The funny things that happen on our trip before we even leave North Carolina.   I swear I can't make this stuff up.

My mom's carry-on was manually searched because the scanner showed something suspicious.  Turns out my mom's jewelry box with her rings looked like a set of brass knuckles.  The security guy said he wasn't too concerned,  but you never know.

While waiting in the airport, a young couple with two toddlers was waiting nearby,  and as usually happens with us, the babies starting getting fussy.  Really fussy.  That's a nice way of saying they were a big pain in the ass.  It's always encouraging to see parents who pay little to no attention to their kids.

So when we got on the plane I was really hoping they would not sit near us.  No such luck.  The change in air pressure didn't help the baby's demeanor either.  Good grief.   I need a pair of earplugs.  The one good thing about my flight to JFK was that the dude next to me was catatonic the whole flight.   I'm not a fan of chatty strangers.

Now we have a four hour layover in JFK.  Wonder if we'll get into some trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment